Taste in the City returns to EQ
TASTE IN THE CITY
Returns to the Entertainment Quarter
3rd – 4th September 2022
If a weekend of food, wine and entertainment for the whole family sounds like the perfect way to celebrate the beginning of spring, then mark your calendars, Taste
In The City is just around the corner.
Across Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th of September, Taste In The City will come to life at Sydney’s iconic, Entertainment Quarter, Moore Park. It established itself as one of Sydney’s favourite food festivals when it was first launched as Taste Of Coogee in 2013. 2022 will be the first year the festival embraces its new banner. In the years since its launch, the festival has drawn crowds in the thousands from right across NSW, who travel for a line-up of incredible food and wine, live cooking workshops, a luxurious long lunch, and entertainment and music for kids and adults alike. With a focus on bringing the community together, Taste In The City is a
family affair (even our four-legged friends are welcome… and their admission is free!).
Back for another year is our Celebrity Kitchen, hosted by TV favourite, Peter Everett. Foodies in the crowd can look forward to learning what makes the kitchens of Mindy Woods, Jason Roberts, Tom Walton, and Rowie Dillon so deliciously successful. With restaurants, cookbooks, and TV appearances under their respective belts, our chefs will take the audience through the paces, creating meals we often only dream of!
On the Sunday, 100 guests will sit down to the renowned Long Lunch with a sumptuous meal designed by Tom Walton and Jason Roberts, and wines supplied by wineries from across NSW. For the younger foodies, 2022 will see the Queen of Gluten-Free Indulgence, Rowie Dillon, host ‘Kids In The Kitchen’. Kids who are looking for a delicious lunch with friends may want to grab a seat at Rowie’s table for a cook-up of their own.
Taste In The City is about taking the weekend at your leisure, supporting Australia’s food, wine and hospitality economy (to the backdrop of live bands and musicians). Rain, hail or shine, Taste In The City has it covered – a cider in the sun or a mulled wine if the weather is a little crisp, enjoy the weekend under the sails of the Entertainment Quarter’s pavilion. Whether for a lunchtime fiesta or an early evening wine, Taste In The City promises to open Sydney’s spring with a sparkle.
Taste In The City highlights:
- Masterclass workshops in the Celebrity Kitchen with Mindy Woods, Jason Roberts, Tom Walton & Rowie Dillon, hosted by Peter Everett.
Cost: Free (first come, first seated).
- Cocktail masterclass with Martin Hudak from Maybe Sammy, Sydney.
- Stalls from the ‘Women in Australian Wine’ series, including Lisa McGuigan and Liz Jackson
(Winner 2022 Winemaker Of The Year, Hunter Valley Legends & Wine Industry Awards)
- Mr Black Coffee Liqueur’s ‘Caffeine Caravan’
- Sip & Soak Workshop from Loveshak Australia
- Lobster Rolls from Lobster & Co.
- Taste In The City Long Lunch. A sit-down lunch for 100 people, with food prepared by our celebrity chefs and wine supplied by the incredible vendors of the weekend.
Cost: $150 (incudes entry to festival)
- Rowie Dillon’s ‘Kids In The Kitchen’.
- Live music all weekend long, including Hot Potato Band, Top Shelf Live, Club Sol, Pansuri,
Electric Vixen, and more!
For more information head to www.tasteinthecity.com.au